Sat, Sep 24|
Soil Palooza- Educational Festival
Bring the whole crew to our family friendly festival! We’ll have tasty treats and plenty of fun for the kiddos, and educational stations highlighting regenerative growing practices.
Time & Location
Sep 24, 2022, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Reno, 1700 E 2nd St, Reno, NV 89502, USA
About the event
Bring the whole crew to our family friendly festival! We’ll have tasty treats and plenty of fun for the kiddos, and educational stations highlighting regenerative growing practices. Stop by to learn more about using autumn leaves to enrich your soil, how chickens can boost the ecosystem of your home garden, the benefits of worm bins, cover cropping for home gardens, and more!
Learn all about the following topics with our wonderful educational vendors!
- "Soil Armor" keeping soil covered and/or planted to keep soil temperatures lower and less vulnerable to wind and water erosion - Tiffany Anderson with Earth and Seed
- Water infiltration soil demonstrations and pollinator for purchase- Lorraine Fitzhugh with VitalBeeBuds
- How to use autumn leaves to feed your soil, prevent erosion and hold moisture- Andrea Stuemky with High Desert Flower Co
- Chickens/animals in the home gardening ecosystem- Jana Vandarhaar with Verdant Connections Landscape Architecture, LLC and Shelley Brandt with Botanical Interests
- Vermiculture activity- Katy Chandler and Jolene Cook with Reno Food Systems
Also attending is:
- Rin Tin Taps will be serving Black Rabbit Mead
- Medley Food Truck
This event is possible through collaboration of Earth and Seeds and Urban Roots!